Below are some key points you should know:
- Raydient (Rayonier) is developing a 24,000 acre master-planned development known as the East Nassau Community Planning Area (ENCPA).
- The State, with support of the Board of County Commissioners, approved a Stewardship District for the ENCPA which would be the funding mechanism to build public facilities such as roads, parks, recreation, etc.
- Raydient no longer wants to honor its promises to the County and has stopped communicating, including refusal to attend two (2) public Board of County Commissioner meetings held for the purpose of discussing the public private partnership and funding concerns
- Instead, Raydient has been lobbying the State to approve Senate Bill 324 and companion bill, House Bill 697. If approved, funding for tens of millions of dollars to build public facilities could fall on the County tax payers rather than the agreement that growth would pay for growth inside the development and not burden citizens ouside of the ENCPA
- The County Commissioners were made aware of the bill last week and all 5 Commissioners are in Tallahassee lobbying the amendments to protect the taxpayers
- Senate Bill (SB 324) is being heard tomorrow in Senate Appropriations. Oppose Senate Bill 324 unless amendments are made to protect Nassau County!
Who to Contact:
Rob Bradley, Senate Appropriation Chair, at (850) 487-5005 or via email at Bradley.Rob@flsenate.gov AND
Dana Young, Senator and Bill Sponsor, at (850) 487-5018 or via email at Young.Dana@flsenate.gov
PLEASE CONTACT THEM IMMEDIATELY AND DEMAND THAT SENATE BILL 324 NOT BE APPROVED UNLESS AMENDMENTS ARE MADE TO PROTECT NASSAU COUNTY!!
County Manager's Office