The Florida Department of Transportation’s Safe Mobility for Life Program and Coalition has designated January “Lifelong Communities Month,” a first-ever designation that highlights Community Design, Getting Around, Street Safety and Security, and Neighborhood Support Services which are the four main components of a lifelong community.
The Safe Mobility for Life Coalition wants to spread the word throughout Florida about Lifelong Communities. The goal is to encourage residents to learn about Florida’s age-friendly initiatives and communities and to consider what they will need to maintain their independence and safe mobility for life.
With your help, we can reach Floridians with this important message. Please share the resources and information provided in the toolkit with your network, to help residents discover what is available to keep them connected to community with or without a car.
- Lifelong Communities in Florida Video
- “How to Choose Your Lifelong Community — A Transportation Checklist” to download and complete
- Information on AARP Florida’s Age-Friendly Communities and the Florida Department of Elder Affairs’ Communities for a Lifetime program
- Lifelong Communities Resources
- Tips to Get Involved
- Social Media Posts to Share on Your Social Media Channels
Click on the link to view the Lifelong Communities Toolkit: https://fdot.tips/lifelong
If you would like more information about FDOT’s Safe Mobility for Life Program or statewide Coalition, contact Gail M. Holley, FDOT Safe Mobility for Life Program Manager at Contact@SafeMobilityFL.com.
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact Nicolle Masters, Managing Constultant for Global 5, at (407) 571-6768 or via e-mail at NicolleMasters@global-5.com.
County Manager's Office