APPLY FOR INDIVIDUAL ASSISTANCE HERE:
Register online at http://www.DisasterAssistance.gov.
If you do not have access to the internet, register by calling 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) or 1-800-462-7585 (TTY). If using 711 relay or Video Relay Service (VRS), call 800-621-3362 directly. The toll-free telephone numbers will operate from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. (local time) seven days a week until further notice.
PLEASE HAVE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION WITH YOU TO MAKE APPLYING EASIER:
Social Security info of each person needing assistance
**If you do not have your SSN card, you can show a Medicare/Medicaid card, W2 form, or filed tax return.***
· Current and pre-disaster address with zip code
· Directions to property
· A working telephone number where FEMA can contact you
· Address where you can receive mail
· Insurance information if available
· Total household annual income
· A routing and account number from your bank (only necessary if you want to have disaster assistance funds transferred directly into your bank account)
· A description of your losses that were caused by the disaster
Info provided by Nassau County Emergency Management.
County Manager's Office