Florida Statute, Chapter 420.9076, states that an affordable housing committee shall be comprised of at least 8, but not more than 11 members. At least 6 of those members must meet certain industry criteria as outlined by Florida Statute. The remaining members may be appointed from any industry or background.
Nassau County's newly established Affordable Housing Advisory Committee consists of 11 members, 7 of which meet the criteria outlined by Florida Statute, and 4 general appointments. Below are the committee member names and the area they represent:
- Greg Matovina, owner of Matovina & Company, representing the home building industry.
- Lorra Britt, Branch Manger for Southeastern Bank in Callahan, representing the mortgage banking industry.
- Jenna Emmons, Property Development Administrator for Ability Housing, representing for-profit providers of affordable housing.
- Carlene McDuffie, Owner/Broker for Palm III Realty, representing the real estate industry.
- Justin Taylor, County Commissioner for District 5, representing the governing body of Nassau County and serving as Chairman of the Affordable Housing Advisory Committee.
- Laura DiBella, Executive Director of the Nassau County Economic Development Board, representing employers in the County.
- Dr. Kathy Burns, Superintendent of the Nassau County School Board, representing public services personnel.
- Len Kreger, Commissioner for the City of Fernandina Beach, general appointment.
- Dr. Laureen Pagel, Chief Executive Director of Starting Point Behavioral Health, general appointment.
- Lisa Rozier, Education and Community Specialist for Family Support Services, general appointment.
- Betsie Huben, Real Estate Consultant for Keller Williams Atlantic Partners Realty, general appointment.
The Affordable Housing Advisory Committee will be holding their first meeting on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 at 3:30 p.m. in the Commission Chambers located at 96135 Nassau Place, Yulee, FL 32097 (James S. Page Governmental Complex). Their first meeting will include setting a regular meeting schedule and determining the Committee's goals and objectives. This public is invited to attend.
If you have any questions, please contact Committee Chairman, Justin Taylor, at (904) 625-5624 or the County Manager's Office at (904) 530-6010.
County Manager's Office