The Planning Department used information collected to create the SR200/A1A Corridor Master Plan to define the future of the community. Five planning priorities identified include:
- Nature Nature: Maintain, enhance, and extend the natural environment by creating opportunities for residents to access and enjoy Florida's unique natural areas.
- Grow Sustainably: Help stage a vibrant shopping center and neighborhood growth through development that creates places for people, supports local businesses, and generates additional jobs, encourage active lifestyles, and comprises a mix of housing options.
- Connect Communities: Improve linkages between neighborhoods shopping centers, and amenities through a network of slow, safe and livable primary and secondary streets, trails, bike paths, and pedestrian infrastructure.
- Catalyze Culture: Build on heritage while establishing new cultural assets that celebrate community creativity and identify in the public realm.
- Future Proof: Prepare for a future by looking ahead to build a resilient community in the face of growing climate concern and technological advancement.
At a community meeting held on October 27, 2021, the "Timber to Tides" plan was presented and residents were given an opportunity to ask questions and provide input on implementation of the plan.
A video of the community presentation can be found here. Please download this PowerPoint file so you can follow along with the presenter.
If you have any questions, please call the Planning Department at (904) 530-6300 or email email@example.com.
Public Information Officer