If you feel your debris was missed in the first phase of the collection process, please contact Nassau County Engineering Services at (904) 530-6225 or Road & Bridge at (904) 530-6175. You can also email your concerns to email@example.com.
It is important to note that there may be some sticks and/or leaves left behind. Some lawn maintenance may be required by the property owner.
To assist with clean up efforts, citizens are reminded of the following:
- Paper or plastic bags left at the curb will not be picked up and may prevent the contractor from picking up any debris left at the site
- Bagged debris will not be emptied by the contractor
- Large limbs and logs may require additional equipment, therefore, this type of debris may be left behind on the first pass through a neighborhood
- Separate the yard debris such as limbs, leaves, and logs from construction/demolition debris. Failure to separate the debris will prevent the contractor from picking up any debris at the site.
- Appliances and furniture will not be picked up
- Household hazardous waste such as paint cans, batteries, and electronics will not be picked up
Two locations are available to residents to drop off vegetative debris:
- Baily Road Maintenance Yard located at 3163 Bailey Road in Fernandina Beach
- Hilliard Maintenance Yard located at 37356 Pea Farm Road
Proof of residency is required to use these sites. Proof of residency may include a government issued ID, a utility bill, etc. These sites will only be accepting vegetative debris.
-Nassau County Public Works Department